Have you noticed your gums bleeding when you eat food, brush your teeth, or floss? This could be due to gum disease such as gingivitis or periodontitis. These conditions should be treated by a dentist professional. Periodontal therapy is a comprehensive treatment procedure which is known to be highly effective against severe gum diseases. Dr. Kendall Wood has been trained to perform the laser assisted new attachment procedure (LANAP) or LAR procedure to help restore your mouth’s health and function.
What are the symptoms of gum disease?
- Bleeding gums
- Release of pus from the gums
- Pain when you bite and chew food, brush the teeth, etc.
- Receding gum line and deeper gum pockets
- Jawbone deterioration and loosening of the teeth from the socket
Dr. Kendall Wood is trained to use a special laser to perform the LANAP procedure to treat advanced gum disease. LANAP stands for Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure. The LANAP procedure removes the decayed gum tissues and helps regrow the gum and bone tissues lost to gum disease. In fact, it is the only such procedure that has been approved by the FDA. Here are some of the benefits of using LANAP over conventional gum surgery treatments:
- Significantly less pain and bleeding
- Lower sensitivity of the teeth after the procedure is completed
- Reduced loss of natural gum tissues
- Little or no swelling after the procedure
- The healing period after the treatment is minimized
- The supporting gum tissues can be regenerated
- The chances of contracting an infection after the procedure are reduced